Looking for tips on how to choose the best jeans for apple shapes? Many women develop this body shape after 40 when they start to experience symptoms of menopause and may gain some weight around their waist. Typically, apple-shaped women are larger on the upper half of their bodies, have no defined waist, although have slimmer hips, legs, and butts.
To be honest, apple shape can be a tricky shape to style. That’s why finding stylish jeans for an apple-shaped body that can create definition at the waist and do not gape around the hips can be a real challenge.
In this article, you’ll find some tips on how to choose the right jeans for apple shaped plus size body. We’ll also provide you with some suggestions for styles for apple shape that will flatter your type of figure.
Top Tips for Finding the Right Jeans
There are plenty of jean styles available on the market for you to choose from. How do you know which types are the most flattering for your body shape? Check out these tips.
- When you are in search of the best jeans for apple shape, it’s better to stick to simple designs. You should choose straight designs as they will fit the waist well, and they won’t gape around your hips and thighs.
- Avoid baggy jeans, especially in the rear. You should also avoid flares because they’ll create an odd silhouette and will often be too loose on the thigh, making your body shape look imbalanced.
- Avoid everything that draws attention to your belly – embellished waistlines, multiple zippers, pleats, or buttons. They will just add more bulk where you don’t want it.
- High-waist jeans are not flattering because they make your stomach look larger than it actually is. On the other hand, low-rise jeans will probably create a muffin top and are uncomfortable, so they are out of the question as well.
- Pick mid-rise style jeans that sit right at your belly button, or right below it. This style will emphasize your waist and will give it a smoother, sleeker look.
- You should look for jeans for apple shapes that fit your waist perfectly but are relaxed in the hips and thighs without adding any bulk.
- The best way to balance out an apple shape and disguise your problem areas is by showing off your legs. Go for a straight leg, skinny, or crop styles.
- Choose dark denim for a slimming effect. Darker styles are more flattering as they can shape the hips and highlight the legs.
- Apple-shaped girls tend to have flatter bottoms, so you can give it shape with a pair of jeans with plenty of back pockets. They can help provide the illusion of curves.
What Jeans Styles Are Best for Apple Shape?
Jeans are essential wardrobe staples, so it’s useful to have multiple pairs. And it’s totally possible to find the best inexpensive jeans in different styles, colors, sizes, and lengths.
Speaking about styles, picking a pair of jeans is mostly the matter of preferences, but one of your goals should be comforting. Let’s take a look at some flattering choices you should consider when looking for jeans for apple body shape.
Look for trouser jeans with a wide waistband that is ideal for helping to contain the abdomen area. They often come in a dark wash and are quite acceptable for working in an office and for casual wear.
Bootcut jeans are definitely the best to choose for your body shape because they help show off your hips and create a smooth line all the way down your legs. The key is to find the right length and amount of flare.
Can apple shapes wear skinny jeans? Of course, this denim style can be very flattering for your tights and hips, as long as you choose the right pair. You’ll look awesome if you pair skinny jeans for apple shape with a flowing tunic or a relaxed shirt.
Consider straight leg jeans that have some width in the leg area to balance a thicker middle. They are one of the best fits for you and a great option if you don’t love super form-fitting pieces.
Things to Consider When Choosing Outfits for Apple Shape
When choosing outfits for apple shape, your goal is to create the nicest silhouette possible, so you should use your outfit to balance your hips, waist, bust, and shoulders. How can you achieve that balance?
Choose clothes that add flair to your upper half and add curves and fullness to the lower body. Your goal is to make an effect when your upper half looks less wide, creating a slim waist and accentuating your legs.
You should avoid shapeless or tightly fitted tops, chunky knits, baggy trousers, and choose A-lines fit. Stay away from tops that end above the hipline or have embellishments or details in the midriff area. Instead, choose loose-fitting blouses and floaty tunics that will help to balance your shoulders, plain V-neck dresses and tops that will elongate your neck, tops with big prints and diagonal lines, shirts with embellishments in shoulder areas. Avoid wearing thick belts.
The problem of choosing pants for apple shape is that you have to find items that fit both your slim legs and proportionally bigger waist. We have discussed the main styles of jeans that are flattering for this body type and gently camouflage the midsection. But whichever style you prefer, you should choose mid-rise models that create the illusion of a waist. It’s best to stick to clean lines without any details and avoid bright, light colors. Finish off your outfit with a pair of fabulous heels to accentuate your long legs.
Now you have a good idea of how to pick out figure-flattering clothes for apple shape that will show off your best features and help you feel great and look stylish in any circumstances. Looking for more style tips? Check the article about how to wear Tight White Jeans.